Comprehensive Policy Summary
As Griffin, our guiding principle is that trust is key in every relationship and as such, we try our best to be transparent. Take a few minutes and quickly read through our policy summary to better understand the scope of the comprehensive cover.
First things first…
Period of your cover
Griffin allows you to choose your insurance period cover, this could be one month, a few months or an annual cover. The choice is yours.
This policy is applicable to any car that belongs to you. If the car is not in your custody, it should be in the custody of a motor trader or a service provider like a garage.
- We protect your car against damage or damage to its accessories and spare parts while in or on the vehicle. Please note if we settle your claim under this section, on a total loss basis, the damaged vehicle becomes our property.
- We protect your car against forces beyond your control e.g. Theft, natural perils like floods.
- In case of a road accident, towing services will be availed to you.
- In case your car is written off, you will be compensated at the pre-accident value of your car. Pre- accident value means the value of your car before the accident.
- In case of an accident, we will cater for your hospital bills and medical expenses. This extends to your authorised driver.
What's Not Covered
- We will not cover mechanical, electrical, wear and tear, depreciation or electronic breakdown, failures or breakages.
- Consequential loss.
- Damage caused from straining or overloading.
- Damage to tyres unless damage is caused to other parts of the vehicle at the same time.
- We will not cover theft of personalised items e.g. purses, wallets etc.
We will compensate you;
- For all those who lost their lives, victims who sustained injuries, damages to other vehicles involved in the accident and any property that was damaged in the course of the accident e.g. a wall, a building etc.
- We will cater for any consequences or legal complaints resulting from an accident raised against you or your authorized driver in a court of law.
- We will not cover for the loss of life of your employees who happened to be in the car at the time of the accident during their working hours will not be compensated.
- We will also not be liable for property damage belonging to either you, any member of your family or any other person who was in the car at the time of the accident.
Private Usage Clause
The Policy does not cover use for hire or reward, racing, pace-making reliability, competition, rallies or trials (or use for practice for any of them), speed testing, commercial travelling, the carriage of goods in connection with any trades or business for any purpose in connection with the Motor Trade.This policy caters only for Social, Domestic and Pleasure purposes and by the insured in person in connection with his business or profession including the carriage of goods in connection with such business or profession but excluding house-to- house retail distribution.
The insured in respect of each and every event shall be responsible for the first amount payable as specified in the schedule of any expenditure for which provision is made under this policy. For the purpose of this Clause “event” shall mean an event or series of events arising out of one cause in connection with any one motor vehicle in respect of or in connection with which indemnity is granted under this policy.
One Last Thing…
You must report to us any accident, injury, loss or damage involving your vehicle(s) as soon as is reasonably possible. The Emergency button and claims section of the App comes in handy here 😀
The Insured shall be entitled to medical response and additional benefits as per this cover. In the event of a road accident, all benefits and facilities granted under the scheme, which is administered by an appointed Service Provider, for a period of one year during the currency of the policy.
PSA: We know that this is a summary and does not represent your full policy, please read your Policy document at length to further understand the terms of your policy. You could find this in the Menu section of the App under “My policies”
Griffin App operates under LAMI insurance Agency, licenced by Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA).